Thursday, September 16, 2010

Traveling MoJo Displayed

When I first moved to New York to be with the love of my life, I came with everything i could fit into 4 pieces of luggage. Throughout the years I have been quite accustomed to moving with minimal amount of items... well minimal for ladies standards I should add. (Smile)I am convinced I have gypsy blood coursing through my veins :) 

There are plenty of items i would have loved to have brought with me: books, photo albums, knick knacks and such.. the sentimental what-nots. The items i have always carried in its "entirety" is my jewelry. Nothing extravagantly expensive mind you... more like a personal mojo: an eclectic collection. Jewelry has always been my personal statement more to myself than anything. It sees what i see... goes through the beauty and the muck of the everyday, gets photographed and made to be the star of the show, gets an ego boost on occasion when admired by others, washed in soapy messes, dropped and retrieved in bathroom stalls. 

Each piece has a story. Each lovely brings an energy. I have pieces clear back to age 3. ( a little gold baby ring that spells out "CHRISTY" with a diamond topping the "i".
For the first 4-5 months I was digging in various little trinklet bags since i didn't have a 'designated place to store/display my little lovelies.
One day in a creative spurt I had an idea to utilize what was available.
Here, in these images you ca see that I tied a skull scarf around two towel bar holders and a rain stick propped on an old soap dish holder and cup holder right below the bathroom mirror.  Hey you just have to make it work... who said you need to spend more money to have what everyone else has... i did it my way :)